Anonymous text about Broadband satisfaction
David
2023-09-23 11:45:21 UTC
+44 7828 563699 sent me this message on Monday 18th September ar 12.22.
"Hi there, Have you been happy with your broadband's reliability,
coverage, and speed over the last 7 days? Please reply with either YES or
NO"

Apart from "coverage" which implies mobile broadband, I wonder what they
are trying to sell?

Anyone else had a message like this?

Cheers

Dave R
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64
Woody
2023-09-23 12:54:58 UTC
Post by David
7828 563699
A quick bit of Googling indicates this is a number used by VM but (why?)
is on the Three network. VM admit that the number is used by them
associated with notification to customers that they are being switched
over to fibre.

Seems to me that someone has seen this number on a genuine VM message
and has then stuck it into a CLI and is using it for scams.
David
2023-09-23 17:31:56 UTC
Post by Woody
Post by David
7828 563699
A quick bit of Googling indicates this is a number used by VM but (why?)
is on the Three network. VM admit that the number is used by them
associated with notification to customers that they are being switched
over to fibre.
Seems to me that someone has seen this number on a genuine VM message
and has then stuck it into a CLI and is using it for scams.
Thanks.
Possibly even a genuine Virgin message as they can be quite incompetent at
times.
Although you would expect them to announce who they were in the message.

We are on co-ax and no sign so far of fibre.
I'm waiting for OR to get their finger out and light up the fibre locally.
Business line across the road has been up for some time, but still no
consumer offering.

Cheers

Dave R
--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64