Virgin Media cable - connected to a new network message
David
2024-04-25 12:35:58 UTC
Running Windows 10 connected to VM router over Gb Ethernet.

The last couple of days, W10 has been giving me "connected to a new
network" messages.

Is this just the cable connection dropping briefly, VM changing IP
addresses, or something else?

Cheers

Dave R
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64
David
2024-04-25 12:38:22 UTC
Post by David
Running Windows 10 connected to VM router over Gb Ethernet.
The last couple of days, W10 has been giving me "connected to a new
network" messages.
Is this just the cable connection dropping briefly, VM changing IP
addresses, or something else?
Hmmmm....my network connection was showing "not connected" so I need to
chase that up further.

Cheers

Dave R
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64
David
2024-05-10 19:19:45 UTC
Post by David
Post by David
Running Windows 10 connected to VM router over Gb Ethernet.
The last couple of days, W10 has been giving me "connected to a new
network" messages.
Is this just the cable connection dropping briefly, VM changing IP
addresses, or something else?
Hmmmm....my network connection was showing "not connected" so I need to
chase that up further.
Looks as though it could be the Sam Knows box throwing a wobbler.

I have it bypassed at the moment, so we shall see if that clears it.

Symptoms were that the WiFi from the main router was fine (so connected to
the Internet) but anything relying on the Ethernet which goes via the Sam
Knows box couldn't see the Internet.

Took me a while to confirm this.

Cheers

Dave R
--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64