Hotpoint 'Help' chat.
Davey
2023-08-19 16:09:18 UTC
I recently bought a new Hotpoont dishwasher, to replace the old ne,
which was in the house when I moved in in late 2010, and had reached
its time limit. It had no problem accepting and washing my large dinner
plates, I could always spin the upper spray arms with no interference.
Bu the new one, although it has some nifty design features, will not
accept the same plates, when loaded as normal, the plates obstruct the
upper arms. Not good.
so I decided to try Hotpoint help this afternoon. This is a transcript
of the chat.

Chat Started

(Entered required name etc info.)

4:52 PM My previous dishwasher, an Aquarius model, had no problem with
my large dinner plates. But my new DFW30 will not accept them.

4:52 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't recognize that. Please try again. Please enter your
primary telephone number

4:52 PM
(correct number entered again)

4:52 PM
Thank you for contacting us.

4:52 PM
Hello, I am Walter, Whirlpool's virtual assistant. Please type how
I can help you today? For example "Book a repair or, where is my
engineer?"

4:53 PM
I asked a question, I want an answer to it.

4:53 PM
I'm a sample FAQ bot. I can give information about chatbots and how to
build them with API.AI.

Sorry, live chat is closed at the moment, please message us Whatsapp on
+447584475915 and we will respond to your query next working day. You
can amend, cancel or book a repair yourself via
https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/easyservice?soid=#/loginuk .

GenesysTerminateChat 4:53 PM

Chat Ended

But I don't do Whatsapp, or any of its ilk. I'll try again on
Monday. Stupid chatbot. They should be outlawed.
Davey.
Davey
2023-08-19 16:10:07 UTC
On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 17:09:18 +0100
Post by Davey
[...]
Oops, wrong NG. Moved to D-I-Y
Davey.
ponyface
2023-08-20 14:36:53 UTC
Post by Davey
[...]
most dishwashers have the ability to raise or lower the top basket, have
you checked this ?
Davey
2023-08-20 20:05:59 UTC
On Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:36:53 +0100
[...]