plusnet news server
Andy Burns
2024-05-13 19:53:14 UTC
Seems to be demanding [non-existent] authentication again ... presumably
doing it for other PN customers?
Woody
2024-05-14 07:08:27 UTC
Just use Eternal-September instead?
Andy Burns
2024-05-14 07:58:37 UTC
Post by Woody
Post by Andy Burns
Seems to be demanding [non-existent] authentication again ...
presumably doing it for other PN customers?
Just use Eternal-September instead?
Oh, I have various servers available, mainly I use individual.net, but
e.g. only the Plusnet server carries the plusnet local groups ...
NY
2024-05-14 10:15:25 UTC
Post by Woody
Post by Andy Burns
Seems to be demanding [non-existent] authentication again ... presumably
doing it for other PN customers?
Just use Eternal-September instead?
I would do, but I couldn't get it to authenticate when I set up Thunderbird
on my Win10 laptop, although I'm using the same details as for Windows Live
Mail on my older Win 7 PC, so TB needs to use the Plusnet news server.

Hopefully PN will fix their server again, as they seem to have to do every
six months or so. It would be nice if it *stayed* fixed...
Java Jive
2024-05-14 10:39:07 UTC
Post by NY
Post by Woody
Just use Eternal-September instead?
I would do, but I couldn't get it to authenticate when I set up
Thunderbird on my Win10 laptop, although I'm using the same details as
for Windows Live Mail on my older Win 7 PC, so TB needs to use the
Plusnet news server.
Hopefully PN will fix their server again, as they seem to have to do
every six months or so. It would be nice if it *stayed* fixed...
Eh? I'm using Thunderbird to post this via E-S. Is it the receiving of
posts, the sending of them, or both, that is a problem for you with E-S?
--
Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk
Andy Burns
2024-05-14 11:23:36 UTC
Bob's acknowledged it on their forum ...
Marco Moock
2024-05-14 18:06:32 UTC
Post by NY
I would do, but I couldn't get it to authenticate when I set up
Thunderbird on my Win10 laptop,
You have to enable "Always authenticate" in the account's settings.
--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to ***@cartoonies.org
Chris Green
2024-05-14 10:40:08 UTC
Post by Andy Burns
Seems to be demanding [non-existent] authentication again ... presumably
doing it for other PN customers?
Yes, it's doing that for me too, for about the last 24hrs.
--
Chris Green
ยท