WiFi Analyser
Graham J
2023-12-07 20:42:48 UTC
I use a WiFi analyser on an Android phone, see:

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>

It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".

Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?

TIA
Graham J
Tony Mountifield
2023-12-07 21:31:16 UTC
Post by Graham J
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>
It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
I remember reading some time ago that iOS, at least since many versions ago, does
not expose the required interfaces for an app to obtain the WiFi data.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Winchester, UK
Graham J
2023-12-07 21:41:07 UTC
Post by Tony Mountifield
Post by Graham J
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>
It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
I remember reading some time ago that iOS, at least since many versions ago, does
not expose the required interfaces for an app to obtain the WiFi data.
That might explain why I've not been able to find a suitable app.
Graham J
Woody
2023-12-08 07:45:28 UTC
Post by Graham J
Post by Tony Mountifield
Post by Graham J
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>
It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
I remember reading some time ago that iOS, at least since many versions ago, does
not expose the required interfaces for an app to obtain the WiFi data.
That might explain why I've not been able to find a suitable app.
...which is a very good reason - along with tens of thousands of Android
apps - not to buy an iPhone!
Andy Burns
2023-12-08 06:35:39 UTC
Post by Tony Mountifield
Post by Graham J
I use a WiFi analyser on an Android phone
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
I remember reading some time ago that iOS, at least since many versions ago, does
not expose the required interfaces for an app to obtain the WiFi data.
That's my understanding too, but I probably wouldn't know if anything
had changed.
David Wade
2023-12-08 11:35:48 UTC
Post by Graham J
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>
It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
Its one of the many things Apple think you are too thick to know about....
... remember, Apple Inc knows best...
Post by Graham J
TIA
Dave
notya...@gmail.com
2023-12-08 14:41:21 UTC
Post by Graham J
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en&gl=US>
It shows the signal strengths of all the WiFi Access Points in range, in
real time, so as I move about I can see the "black spots".
Does anybody know of a similar app for the iPhone, which also provides
real-time monitoring?
TIA
--
Graham J
On Android there is free Network Cell Info Lite (with a slicker paid version).

Allegedly Apple made lots of thing mobile data only in a cartel with [US} carriers, and have zero interest in your using [free] Wi-Fi.

They also screw a big percentage out of app' providers.